About Me

I received a Cricut for Valentine's day 2008. I had done scrapbooking when my daughter was younger, but hadn't done any paper crafting since then. I really got into it again when I got my Cricut!! I discovered card making and have been hooked ever since!! I enjoy almost all crafts and have done tole painting, crocheting, cross stitch and other crafty things. I have a daughter who is a freshman in college and two furbabies. I adore animals of all kinds and I love the outdoors and gardening.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Dream

I had fun making this card. It is kinda of a different style for me. The bird is cut with Home Decor Cartridge, the Dream is from Home Accents and the flower is from Mini Monograms and I positioned a round shape over the flower in Design Studio so it would cut that part out. Dream was cut once on black paper and then I used my deepcut blade to cut out another layer on chipboard. I cut a piece of felt using the flower as a pattern and positioned under the paper flower and stitched it down. I like the raised look that I got with this, but it didn't allow the letters to lay completely flat so the "a" and the "m" look a little bigger than the other letters, but it is just an illusion. After finishing the card I was looking at it and thought that the rub-on flourish on the lower left hand side of the card was maybe in a bit of a comical area if you know what I mean!! Didn't plan it that way!! Ooops

No comments:

Post a Comment