About Me

I received a Cricut for Valentine's day 2008. I had done scrapbooking when my daughter was younger, but hadn't done any paper crafting since then. I really got into it again when I got my Cricut!! I discovered card making and have been hooked ever since!! I enjoy almost all crafts and have done tole painting, crocheting, cross stitch and other crafty things. I have a daughter who is a freshman in college and two furbabies. I adore animals of all kinds and I love the outdoors and gardening.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Twick or Tweet


recently received a little mini holiday catalogue from Stampin Up and they had this cute little bird with a mask on holding a trick or treat pumpkin in his beak. So anyway that got me going. I designed the birds' body by combining shapes from GBS and DC. Her little tuft of feathers on her head is a cut from HA. The legs and pumpkin were cut with GBS. The mask is from PDDU. Sentiment is computer generated and when I showed the card to my mom she said, " twack or tweet", it is just one of those fonts where the i is so ornate it almost looks like and a so that is whyI put the little black crytsal above it. I kinda struggled with the legs. They look skinny, but fat ones didn't look good. I started looking online at other birds and decided from what I saw that he didn't need to be proportionately correct and that that is just part of the whimsy you see so much of now in little birdies. Punch on the side is MS. Background behind bird is CB.Card is approximately 5 x 7. TFL!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Ginny, that is just toooo cute. How creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, Another precious card! You really are so creative. I love how you combine elements from different cartridges. TFS! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is to cute! I'm in love with that little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to talk with you about designing for Practical Scrappers - could you e-mail me at practicalscrappers@gmail.com if you have any interest? Thanks! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. And also this qualifies for our challenge this week there - you should post it! www.practicalscrappers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love your creations your work is wonderful!
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card! I love his face and the colors are sooo sweet! I found your blog from the Cricut Messageboard and had to check you out! I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried to pm you and your mail box is full- imagine that. LOL If you get this, would you contact me? Thanks Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an absolutely adorable card. I'm glad I clicked over here from the message boards. You have some terrific work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. COME BACK GINNY!!! YOUR CARDS ARE GREAT AND YOU NEED TO COME BACK AND PUT MORE ON!!!
    PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete