About Me

I received a Cricut for Valentine's day 2008. I had done scrapbooking when my daughter was younger, but hadn't done any paper crafting since then. I really got into it again when I got my Cricut!! I discovered card making and have been hooked ever since!! I enjoy almost all crafts and have done tole painting, crocheting, cross stitch and other crafty things. I have a daughter who is a freshman in college and two furbabies. I adore animals of all kinds and I love the outdoors and gardening.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Easter's on it's Way!


The Cricut cart. "New Arrival" has been around for some time now, but I just barely got this one. I really didn't think that the first thing I would make using it would be an Easter card! I was playing around with Cricut Design Studio one night and came up with the combination of the rabbit from Stretch Your Imagination "sitting" in the truck from NA. Of course I only used the top half of the rabbit. It is suppose to look like he is driving the truck! The bunny was cut from cream colored carstock and I used brown ink and chalk to make him a little brown bunny. I also used chalks for the inside of his ears and cheeks. His nose is just a dab of liquid pearls. Face is doodled. The eggs are cut from Doodle Charms and the little bird is from Stretch Your Imagination. The grass and truck were embossed with Cuttlebug. I added stickles to the centers of the embossed flowers on the truck. Patterned Paper is from Making Memories flower patch collection. I used Martha Stewart punches for the decorative edging and the branch punch for the "grass" in the truck. Machine stitching and lots of inking!

9 comments:

  1. Wow!!! The detail that goes into your cards is just fabulous!! I love your eye for design and how you add so much depth to the imagess with your shading and chalking.

    I'm adding myself as a follower and will be adding you to my bloglist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow!! This is awesome! I love all of it, just so adorable:) Your so creative, I just love your cards!! I am also going to add you to my bloglist!!!

    Hugs,

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny, what an awesome card... Love all the details.. You are so creative...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, You are so creative. Great color combo. Bunny and Chick look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute love the chick & bunny
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I was blog hopping today and found your blog...I love your creativity in this card..it is absolutely adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,
    love your card !! And I wonder if you've kissed the frog ( maybe a prince ?) on your profile photo ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been missing your work! Come back soon. Sandi
    http://softsideofsandi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete